Social Gaming has taken so many different directions in the past 5 years – but this one just might make an impact. See the Global Citizen Festival‘s ‘Action Journey‘ – a set of 8 tasks any registered user can complete to earn a chance to win free tickets. Brilliant.
Discover Google’s Knowledge Graph (and “discover answers to questions you never thought to ask” before).
Snapchat is now the #3 social network among millennials (trailing Facebook and Instagram, and, making me feel young again – thanks Business Insider!). BI didn’t just provide a guide showing you how to use snapchat, but also – some qualitative feedback on WHY millennials are so… obsessed. (Keep in mind, this is the PG version of all of the feedback they received).
Answers to various questions on ‘Why do you like Snapchat?’;
- Snap Art. No chance to edit, it’s a slice of life.
- Discover. Favorite brands with only the best video content.
- One-to-One Engagement
- Quick & Visual (Images & Video)
- Disposable Content. Content that has a lifespan… for 5 seconds.
- The User-Interface is non-existent.
- Ugly Selfies. When you get ugly selfies from someone, that’s how you know you’re good friends.”
With more than an abundance of ANY content on the web (really, any. editorial, whitepapers, reports, webinars, galleries, infographics) – what seems to be rising to the surface is the return of the POWER of CURATORS – i.e. where consumers are so overloaded (bombarded, bamboozled) by an onslaught of content, that the only way they choose to receive content is through curators they enjoy / trust. A great case in point, Ivanka Trump‘s latest website redesign and new daily email campaign (where she’s simply curating content that her brand/product audience wants to hear). Brilliant work, ladies!
If you’re an optimization junkie (ever spent way too much time on WhichTestWon.com?) – you’ll love Optimizely’s new Optiverse Community – learn from active optimization tests and training, get tips & engage…
- Keywords NOT PROVIDED (more organic search encryption, GREAT!) – NOTE, the amount of “not provided” data on Google is now at 81%! A great reason to setup Webmaster tools to help with insight into some of that ‘not provided’ data.
- That big black ‘beta’ bar called ‘Google Shopping’ or the new format for Local Search Results (for specific industries only – like travel/tourism, food, etc). Note – if this takes off, could it take down Yelp!? STAY TUNED!
- Google Hummingbird, powered by voice recognition, now increasing the value of optimizing for conversational search.
- Google+ Shared Endorsements for Product Listing Ads – maybe it IS worthwhile to engage in Google+ after all…?
- AND, here’s my favorite part… just when you think Google isn’t THAT IMPORTANT…
Google squashed Wall Street projections for YOY with a reported $14 billion in revenue for Q3 2013, and a net income of $2.97 billion, a 12% increase.
Google doesn’t mess around with search, and they are aiming to be the destination for product searches and purchases online. Google Shopping may make a lot of changes, but if you’re an online merchant that’s looking to profit, Google is the largest revenue and traffic generating shopping channel.
Springwise: RFID Wristbands Let Themepark Guests Instantly Share Photos On Facebook @ Great Wolf Lodge…
Don’t you love it when a brand really invests in making the lives of consumers… better? Pepsi’s social vending machine;
Users of the touch screen vending machine can choose to buy a drink for themselves, subscribe to the Pepsi Refresh Project, send a drink to a stranger, or to gift and redeem a drink from a friend. In order to send a gift, users choose a drink, enter the recipient’s name and mobile phone number, and type a personalized text message to be sent along with a unique code to the recipient’s phone. There is also the option to then record a video message using a camera built in to the vending machine. Once the text message has been received by the gift recipient, the code can be entered at a Pepsi social vending machine to redeem the gifted drink, and the pre-recorded video message will be played back on the touch screen.
Not quite sure what to think of this… PLEASE, someone – help guide my moral compass – I sense a conflict.
Wil.i.am as Intel’s Director of Innovation? Please don’t tell me I’m going crazy (seriously – i don’t know what to think of this. part of me likes it, part of me is too cynical to believe it all). I mean really, REALLY – as if Lady Gaga genuinely cares about the future of Polaroid? How much did she get paid to care about that one? I’m gonna hire Justin Beiber to be my Director of Innovation.