Last week, ZOG Digital held a webinar entitled “Digital Marketing for Multi-Location Businesses” – presented by ZOG, UBL and Forrester – as a 101 course in the who, what, where, why and how of Local SEO or Local / Mobile Search. Like most marketers, I don’t have time for webinars – but I DO have time for… you guessed it – Cliffs Notes. Here are the Cliffs Notes (part 2 of 3) from that webinar that illustrate the importance of, and how to accomplish optimization within Local / Mobile Search for a Multi-Location Business.
UBL: Business Profile Management
View the Slides Online > Business Profile Management
- Local Mobile Searches(85.9 billion) are projected to exceed desktop searches (84 billion) for the first time in 2015 (eMarketer).
- Search engines are the #1 information source used when looking for a local business / service (Thrive Analytics, Local Search Survey, August 2013).
- Listing Syndication requires 4 actions; Claiming listings, Submit to aggregators, Submit to verticals, engage with a listing management service.
- Google Places make it easy to check out KPIs for business listings (impressions, actions, top search queries, directions, by date), see image below.
- Top business listing issues to look out for;
- missing listings on key websites
- corporate vs. branch or franchisee listing conflicts
- branding inconsistencies
- unclaimed locations or lost passwords
- mismatched phone number w/ use of call tracking numbers
- address variations
- deficient or inaccurate categorization
- website URL inconsistencies, misdirection
- photo formats and bad image links
- poor or incomplete descriptions