Last week, ZOG Digital held a webinar entitled “Digital Marketing for Multi-Location Businesses” – presented by ZOG, UBL and Forrester – as a 101 course in the who, what, where, why and how of Local SEO or Local / Mobile Search. Like most marketers, I don’t have time for webinars – but I DO have time for… you guessed it – Cliffs Notes. Here are the Cliffs Notes (part 1 of 3) from that webinar that illustrate the importance of, and how to accomplish optimization within Local / Mobile Search for a Multi-Location Business.
ZOG Digital: Digital Marketing for Multi-Location Businesses
View the Slides Online > Digital Marketing for Multi-Location Businesses
- How Local SEO impacts the Consumer Decision Path
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information
- 84% search on computer or tablet
- 88% search on smartphone
- 18% of local smartphone searches lead to a purchase within a day
- Source: Google / Ipsos MedicaCT/Purchased, Research: Understanding Consumers’ Local Search Behavior, May 2014.
- Major Factors that Influence Local Search Rankings
- 50% of influence = local directories
- 19% of influence = on-page SEO
- 10% of influence = reviews
- 6% of influence = social signals
- 6% of influence = website performance
- 9% of influence = personalization
- Source: Local Search Ranking Factors 2013 Survey, David Mihm / Moz
- How to Optimize for Local SEO
- Develop unique location page content
- Conduct keyword research, by location
- Utilize structured data to guide search engines (shema.org preferred)
- Link local directory listings to their applicable location page
- OR – hire a marketing agency with Local SEO expertise to do it for you.