If you’ve heard that Link Building isn’t good – or that it is a dying SEO tactic, you’ve obviously heard it from the wrong source (or potentially a source that practices black hat tactics). Jon Ball of Search Engine Watch reiterates 5 critical link building facts to back up why the importance of link building hasn’t changed (the only thing that has, is what TYPE of links).
- Links are still the core of Google’s search algorithm.
- Link building and content marketing are fundamentally different.
- Content marketing is difficult to do well. It takes a PR-trained SEO-pro for high-level content creation.
- Link building can supercharge your content marketing efforts.
- You can still build links even if you don’t have great content.
But he forgot one thing, ABLB (always be link building).
If you still aren’t convinced, read more.