- Keywords NOT PROVIDED (more organic search encryption, GREAT!) – NOTE, the amount of “not provided” data on Google is now at 81%! A great reason to setup Webmaster tools to help with insight into some of that ‘not provided’ data.
- That big black ‘beta’ bar called ‘Google Shopping’ or the new format for Local Search Results (for specific industries only – like travel/tourism, food, etc). Note – if this takes off, could it take down Yelp!? STAY TUNED!
- Google Hummingbird, powered by voice recognition, now increasing the value of optimizing for conversational search.
- Google+ Shared Endorsements for Product Listing Ads – maybe it IS worthwhile to engage in Google+ after all…?
- AND, here’s my favorite part… just when you think Google isn’t THAT IMPORTANT…
Google squashed Wall Street projections for YOY with a reported $14 billion in revenue for Q3 2013, and a net income of $2.97 billion, a 12% increase.
Google doesn’t mess around with search, and they are aiming to be the destination for product searches and purchases online. Google Shopping may make a lot of changes, but if you’re an online merchant that’s looking to profit, Google is the largest revenue and traffic generating shopping channel.