MarketingSherpa just released results from their 2013 SEO Marketing Benchmark Survey – asking marketers;
“What is your organization’s conversion rate for organic traffic?”
“Which single category best describes the type of organization you work for?”
The results say it all – ORGANIC TRAFFIC and SEO drive some of the best conversion rates in the business!
But – they stress that you ‘take it with a grain of salt’ – note that conversion is different by action;
- Form Completion w/ Multiple Data Fields – 49%
- Online Sale Completed – 25%
- Form Completion w/ One Data Field – 10%
- Other – 17%
Interesting enough is how this result doesn’t fall in line with conventional thought that the more fields to complete the lower the conversion rate – this is the opposite! In their report, they highlight several key things to keep in mind;
- Focus on the most effective keywords for each stage of the buying cycle
- Organic traffic converts quite well across many different indsutries
- Consider mobile users
- Conversion optimization can help you convert more of the traffic you’re already driving to the site
Thank you, MarketingSherpa!